Alpena Community College, or ACC, was established in 1952. Initially, classes were held in the Alpena High School. ACC moved to its own campus in 1957. Currently, the sprawling main campus occupies 700 acres of land in Alpena, Michigan. The college also has a branch campus called the Huron Shores Campus located in Oscoda, Michigan. In addition, there are extension centers in Rogers City, Whittemore, and Tawas City.
Students at ACC are granted associate's degrees in arts, science, applied science, and general studies. Certificate programs in various fields of study are also available. One can also opt for cooperative programs that allow transfers to several other colleges and universities.
The athletics department of Alpena Community College fields teams in basketball, golf, softball, club hockey, and volleyball. The teams compete in the Eastern Division Michigan Community College Athletic Association. There are also several student clubs and organization on campus, including the Phi Theta Kappa, Criminal Justice Club, Student Nurses Association, and Industrial Technology Association. The students also publish a newspaper called the "CrossCut".
Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) 2015-16, National Center for Education Statistics, https://nces.ed.gov/ipeds/
Disclaimer: Information on this page was not provided or commissioned by the featured school. Information has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the featured school.