Ohio Valley University, OVU, was founded by the American Restoration Movement's churches of Christ in 1958. It started offering classes from September, 1960, when it was known as Ohio Valley College. The name was changed to Ohio Valley University in 2005. The OVU campus is spread across 266 acres in Vienna, West Virginia.
Ohio Valley University confers the Associate of Arts, Associate of Science, and Associate of Applied Science degrees in various fields of study. Bachelor's degree programs are also available in more than 10 different areas. OVU is organized into the following colleges:
The student body of Ohio Valley University represents more than 30 states and over 10 foreign countries. The athletics department of OVU fields teams in baseball, basketball, cross country, golf, lacrosse, soccer, softball, and volleyball. The teams are known as the Fighting Scots, and they compete in the National Collegiate Athletic Association Division II, and the West Virginia Intercollegiate Athletic Conference.
Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) 2016-17, National Center for Education Statistics, http://nces.ed.gov/ipeds/
Disclaimer: Information on this page was not provided or commissioned by the featured school. Information has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the featured school.