The University of La Verne is situated 35 miles east of Los Angeles in southern California. Founded in 1891 the main campus is laid out on 38 acres. In addition to the main campus there are also 7 regional campuses located throughout California. The University of La Verne offers over 70 majors with an average class size of approximately 16 students. As a full service university it offers on campus living, myriad student organizations and clubs, and the latest technolgy. The University of La Verne teaches its students critical thinking to last their entire life time as well as an appreciation for community and cultural diversity.
Points of Distinction
Areas of Study
The University of La Verne is comprised of 4 accredited major colleges and one school. There are 88 bachelors and masters degrees and four doctorates offered from the College of Arts and Sciences, College of Business and Public Management, College of Education and Organizational Leadership, the College of Law and the School of Continuing Education. Students are able to choose from a liberal arts program or any of a wide number of majors such as Anthropology, Mathematics, and History.
For undergraduate programs students are required to have 4 years of English, 3 years of social studies, 3 years of math, and 2 years of science. The easiest way to apply is to use the on-line Common Application which students have found very useful. Requirements vary for graduate and doctoral degrees but all require a bachelors degree and minimum grade point averages. Applications to these programs is through a standard application form for each individual area of study.
Students at the University of La Verne get the benefit of being taught by professors that excel in their areas of study and are experts in their fields. Moreover, 81% of the teachers at the University of La Verne hold the highest degree in their field. The teachers at La Verne University are frequent panel speakers, winners of internationally recognized awards, and commentators on National TV. Given the 12:1 Student to teacher ratio professors are able to take an active interest in students progress and are easily accesssible outside of class.
Given the range of degree programs and the variety of majors offered at La Verne University the student body is a diverse mix of individuals. Across all of the US campuses approximately 51% of the students are traditional age or adult undergraduates. The remaining 49% of students are individuals pursuing their graduate, law or doctoral degrees. The University of LaVerne student body is interested not only in pursuing their degree programs but in participating in the wide range of activities offered on campus and understanding how their field of study fits within the overall world community.
The University iof La Verne offers students a diverse and rich campus life. There are numerous ways for students to become involved in campus life. Six fraternities and sororities on campus are a way for new students to get involved as well as give back to the community. There are also over 5o cultural, academic, business, governing and special interest clubs and organizations in which to participate. Athletics is also a strong force on campus with 19 varsity sports to choose from. Looking beyound the campus southern California has much to offer from musuems and parks to beaches and the performiing arts.
Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) 2015-16, National Center for Education Statistics, https://nces.ed.gov/ipeds/
Disclaimer: Information on this page was not provided or commissioned by the featured school. Information has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the featured school.